Agroväst Livsmedel AB
The overall aim of the Agroväst Beef and Lamb Program is to improve the resource-efficiency and profitability of the Swedish beef and lamb production. Specific objectives of the different projects are
• to study the effect of tall fescue and timothy grass silage harvested at different maturity stages on digestibility and protein utilization in cattle
• to quantify the higher weight gain, feed utilization and muscle deposition in dairy/beef crossbred calves in two production systems including grazing semi natural grasslands, compared to pure-bred dairy calves
• to develop a novel method for animal health monitoring for grazing cattle. It will be based on a system for unmanned automatic precision weighing.
• of the project is to increase knowledge about the factors influencing eating quality of Swedish lamb
• to evaluate the effect of roasting on protein utilization and total digestibility of faba beans and rape seed when fed to ruminants